On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 10:08:02AM +0800, jida...@jidanni.org wrote:
> >> I would recommend pidgin...
> BR> Seconded on both accounts.
> speaking of which, one needs to first see
> http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#HowdoIregisterforanewaccount
> OK. pidgin seems to work. Thanks. By the way,
> BR> Also, the output of the following command will be helpful:
> BR> $ aptitude search '~Gprotocol::msn-messenger'
> I get no results. Should I report an aptitude bug?
> $ aptitude search '~Gprotocol::msn-messenger'

On my squeeze system:

$ aptitude search '~Gprotocol::msn-messenger'
p   amsn                            - An MSN messenger written in Tcl
p   ayttm                           - Universal instant messaging client
i   bitlbee                         - An IRC to other chat networks gateway
p   bitlbee-dev                     - An IRC to other chat networks gateway
p   centerim                        - A text-mode multi-protocol instant messeng
p   centerim-fribidi                - A text-mode multi-protocol instant messeng
p   centerim-utf8                   - A text-mode multi-protocol instant messeng
p   emesene                         - platform independent MSN Messenger client
p   finch                           - text-based multi-protocol instant messagin
p   gaim-themes                     - Transitional dummy package
p   kmess                           - MSN messenger for KDE
i   kopete                          - instant messaging and chat application
p   l7-protocols                    - protocol definitions for the Linux layer 7
p   libpurple-bin                   - multi-protocol instant messaging library -
i A libpurple0                      - multi-protocol instant messaging library
p   msn-pecan                       - alternative MSN protocol plug-in for libpu
i   pidgin                          - graphical multi-protocol instant messaging
i   pidgin-extprefs                 - extended preferences plugin for the instan
p   pidgin-otr                      - Off-the-Record Messaging plugin for pidgin
p   pymsnt                          - MSN transport for Jabber
p   python-jabber                   - Python module for the Jabber instant messa
p   python-papyon                   - MSN client library written in Python
p   python-twisted-words            - Chat and Instant Messaging
i A qutecom                         - SIP-based software telephone with video an
p   sim                             - simple instant messenger (KDE)
p   sim-qt                          - simple instant messenger (Qt)
p   telepathy-butterfly             - MSN connection manager for Telepathy
i   telepathy-haze                  - A telepathy connection manager that use li

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzaf...@jabber.org | VIM is
tzaf...@cohens.org.il |                    |  best