On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 7:28 PM, GIE KALIFA COULIBALY
<toreau...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> ________________________________
> I am new to debian, and I don't have an OS installed on my hard drive yet. I
> was wondering if a finished debian Cd/DVD would boot off and do the
> installation at the start up of the computer.I would like to have debian as
> my main OS. I have a HP pavilon elite m9250f core 2 quad 2.66ghz 4GB, 2.0 x
> 500.0 GB - Standard - Serial ATA-300 - 7200.0 rpm HDD.

The hardware specs are fine. Debian is one of the easiest
distributions of LInux to install. That however is a relative
statement so you may feel different. I highly recommend you download
the 'Squeeze' netinst ISO since it downloads all the latest packages
from the net rather than dated packages from a CD/DVD.

Use this link below:

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd/debian-testing-amd64-businesscard.iso

Squeeze is now frozen so its basically as stable as it's going to be.

Good luck.