on Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 12:39:50AM -0800, J Y ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

Please set your mailer/editor linewrap to 68-75 characters.  I strongly
recommend 72 as a good default.

Thank you.

> I am running debian 3.0 on an Athlon...
> Still trying to get basic functions working  after
> lots of problems w/ x configuration.

> When I try to mount my cdrom, either from a terminal or graphically I
> get; mount fs type iso9660 not supported by kernal. The cdrom is
> listed in /etc/fstab.  What am I doing wrong here?

Load iso9660 support for your kernel.

    modprobe iso9660

...should do this.

See /etc/modules for setting this permanently.

> Also I cannot configure my modem. Its listed correctly in
> /etc/ppp/peers but if I enter "pon" at a terminal I just get a message
> to edit the aforementined file. My modem works in Mandrake/SuSe.

How is it configured there?

Generally:

    ln -s <real modem device> /dev/modem

Your modem should be listed in dmesg output, and is likely
/dev/ttyS[01].

http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Rants/challenge-response.html