> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:22 AM, Scott Ferguson
> <prettyfly.producti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I guess that the assumption is that someone installing Debian knows
>>> whether he/she wants to use the default of installing the entire disk
>>> or not.
>> I *know* that the *presumption* is that someone installing Debian has
>> read the fine manual before attempting an install :-)
>> Please don't try and correlate Ubuntu installs with Debian.
> I'm not confused and I'm not the one suggesting that d-i to adopt
> ubiquity's "much saner" (someone else's words not mine) defaults.
> d-i's current default is just fine with me.

Correcting your wording - not your opinion :-)   Assume==guess
Presume==based on smidgen of evidence (at least)
Hand-holding installations have been discussed to death - the general
consensus seems to be if you want hand-holding use one of the "less
pure" Debians (Ubuntu et al).
If you want choice use the Debian installer - it may wipe an already
installed OS, it may refuse to boot if you insist on a XFS boot
partition, but it won't happen if the install notes are read. Personally
I'd like to see "expert" as the only install choice.
If we wanted to do things the Ubuntu way we'd - be on the Ubuntu lists.

Cheers