On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Stephen Powell <zlinux...@wowway.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 03:50:38 -0400 (EDT), Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Stephen Powell <zlinux...@wowway.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Why don't you just tell us exactly what you are trying to do?
>>
>> I have tried a few things and things seem smooth till I cannot
>> `svn co svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/d-i/trunk`.
>> With svn+ssh, I was asked for a password, which I have absolutely no
>> idea. Without +ssh, svn just hung there. I do not know what happened.
>
> That's not what I mean.  Are you trying to install Debian?  Is that
> the end goal?  If so, what's wrong with the standard Debian installer?
> Why do you think you need to customize it?  I've been installing and
> using Debian for ten years, and I have never needed to create a
> custom version of the Debian installer.  What exactly are you trying
> to do and why do you think that you need a customized version of the
> Debian installer to do it?
>
> --
>  .''`.     Stephen Powell
>  : :'  :
>  `. `'`
>   `-
>

> --
> Archive:
> http://lists.debian.org/457438870.257587.1285379587911.javamail.r...@md01.wow.synacor.com

Normally, I use general d-i, too. But this time, I'd like to try out
reiser4 as root fs.
I do have other options, like building a new system within an existing
debian installation which supports reiser4. But just out of curiosity,
I think why learning about how to initialize an system and custom the
d-i tool the same time.

I'd have to say, the documents for this task is pretty rare besides
the few on wiki.debian.org. But glad to say I am on my way, just
without a guide.

--
竹密岂妨流水过
山高哪阻野云飞