On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 08:48:46 +0000 (UTC), Virgo Pärna <virgo.pa...@mail.ee>
wrote:

>     I hope, that this works for him, but just in case. I had different
> problem - after upgrading to
> squeeze  X would freeze the whole computer in startup without X startup log
> (also Intel graphics).
> Modeset support was enabled, but changing it didn't seem to have any effect.
> I got it working with
> Vesa driver and later by building 2.6.32.22 kernel. But then that one didn't
> work for video playback,
> so I upgraded to 2.6.33.7. It seems, that 2.6.32 lines has some major
> problems with integrateed

    Since the specific model of video hardware seems to be importent on the
nature of problem, I have:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated
Graphics Device (rev 02)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics
Device (rev 02)

    I haven't tried 2.6.32.23 - maybe the video playback issue is fixed there,
but since 2.6.33.7
works for me fine, I probably will not even try. Anyway, the problem was, that
Xv was not supported -
as a result full screen video playback was awfully slow. And vlc had corrupted
video output (entire
video was squeezed into column about 4-5 times thinner then it should have
been).

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.pa...@mail.ee