On Tuesday 12 October 2010 14:14:00 Camaleón wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 13:27:55 +0100, Lisi wrote:
> >> #dpkg --set-selections < installed_packages.txt
> >
> > went fine. :-)
> >
> > But
> >
> >> #apt-get -u dselect-upgrade
> >
> > runs, but doesn't install anything. :-(  I must still be doing something
> > wrong.
>
> Dunno :-?
>
> This article shows the same path you are following:
>
> Copying Debian package selections to a new machine
> http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/copying_debian_package_selectio
>ns_new_machine
>
> Let's wait someone in the know can provide you any tip :-)

I was starting to see arrows pointing every which way!  So I have temporarily
shelved the problem.  I'll come back to it later.

I think I'll give it one more try using your link and any tips other people
have given me by then, and if I still can't do it I'll just install normally.

Thanks for the help.

Lisi