> On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 22:27:39 +0200  wrote:
>
> I am running a 2.6.32.5 kernel using Nouveau on an nvidia pci-express card.
> Seems to me games like penguin racer and such should run fine on this (even if
> not as well as with the proprietary nvidia drivers). They run, however, as if
> there were no direct rendering at all. Even chromium which ran fine on my old
> system using a junk Matrox card bugs down here.
>
> Nouveau's bootup sequence says DRI active.
>
> Man page list three options for the driver and I let them all default.

I am running a similar setup see what you mean about video performance, but no
guarantees are made by the nouveau developers in regards to 3D
performance/rendering.

I was under the impression the chromium ran in 2D and thus should not have
bogged down, I might be mistaken about this. Video playback within a web page
is another story.

I am also unable to throw my laptop into sleep with this kernel/nouveau setup.
Is this just an anomaly with just my hardware or does it happen on yours as
well?

-M