On 10/21/2010 12:04 PM, Volkan YAZICI wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010, Volkan YAZICI<yazic...@ttmail.com>  writes:
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010, Stan Hoeppner<s...@hardwarefreak.com>  writes:
What write operations were you performing at the time you pulled the plug?
Unless you were writing the superblock it'd be almost impossible to hose the
filesystem to the point it couldn't mount.  Were you doing a resize operation
when you pulled the plug?  xfs_growfs?  As far as recovery, it's automatic
upon mounting the XFS filesystem.  What do you mean, precisely, by "couldn't
*recover* the / fs"?

Vanilla XFS with noatime,notail like basic mount options. The test was
simple, I was just typing "SELECT 1" from a psql command line (this
query shouldn't even hit to disk, it just basically returns 1) and
unplugged machine. At boot, I dropped to fsck command line. At command
prompt, I manually fiddled around with fsck of xfs to recover the
unmounted / filesystem, but had no luck. (I also tried recommendations
and informative messages supplied by manpages and command
outputs/warnings.) Also if you would Google, it shouldn't be hard to
spot similar experiences from other people.

Another scenario, same failure. I have a squeeze installed notebook and
having troubles with X. It crashes for some driver specific reasons and
I need to hard-reset the notebook. 1-2 times I found WindowMaker missing
its workspaces, and I didn't have time to inspect the problem. Now I
lost all of my Opera bookmarks (~500 collected in years). Thanks XFS,
but no, you're not power-failure. (BTW, I "kill -9"ed Opera many times,
and it restored all of its settings properly. I don't think it is an
Opera or WindowMaker related bug.)

Regards.

Hi,
do you have ~/.opera/bookmarks.adr and if yes is it empty?

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic