I am about to install LaTeX on debian squeeze, and I'm drawn to luatex
and biber. Much has changed over the years, and an effort to be clear
about installation procedure has left some issues unclear.

Am I correct to assume that if I install texlive, texlive-luatex, and
CTAN biber in that order, I should end up with a fully functional TeX
Live 2010, with LaTeX2e macros and biblatex support?

I run into discussions about setting up some PATHs to support
tlmgr. That's easily done, but I don't want to do it if an
installation of texlive-luatex sets up the needed paths
automatically. Does it?

Haines Brown