Stanisław Findeisen wrote:
> Is there any support in Debian for Unicode e-mail header lines
> processing, e.g. with procmail?
> Subject: =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCNEE7eiROJTUlViU4JSclLyVIGyhC?=
>
> so they need to be decoded before doing anything useful with them. (See:
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/ch-internet.en.html)

As far as I know there is no support in procmail for decoding those
fields.  I have always needed to create rules working with the encoded
data.

Example from some localized mailman filtering:
  * 1^0 ^Subject: [^ ]+ post from
  * 1^0 ^Subject: .*El_envio_a_
  * 1^0 ^Subject: .*Un_envoi_sur_la_liste_
  * 1^0 ^Subject: .*_taraf=FDndan_g=F6nderilen_

Using wildcards for the interesting characters has worked fairly well
with the European languages.  But I have no experience and no
suggestion for your example JP locale though.

You might try the procmail users mailing list for perhaps better
suggestions.

Bob