On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Camaleón <noela...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 17:28:18 +0800, Mich Mich wrote:
>
> (...)
>
> > Any idea why the extra packages (eg exim) are installed when desktop is
> > connected to the router?
> > Are they actually required?
>
> Dunno why, true is that in my laptop I lack Exim also, maybe because I
> installed the laptop pattern and this does not trigger the installation
> of a full e-mail server :-?
>
> It would be interesting that you list all the packages from both systems
> and then compare them, something like:
>
> >From laptop:
> dpkg --get-selections > $HOME/Desktop/comp1.txt
>
> >From desktop:
> dpkg --get-selections > $HOME/Desktop/comp2.txt
>
> And then run diff:
>
> diff $HOME/Desktop/comp1.txt $HOME/Desktop/comp2.txt >
> $HOME/Desktop/diff.txt
>
> "diff.txt" will show you all the packages installed in desktop not
> present in laptop.

Attached is the result of           # diff desktop.txt laptop.txt > diff.txt

note that the desktop is linked to a printer, therefore I've installed
packages like  xsane and hplip etc
whereas the laptop will have bluetooth related packages and so on.

hope the info is useful.
feel free to ask for info if required, will try my best to provide.

> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón
>

> --

1a2,3
> acpi-fakekey                                  install
> acpi-support                                  install
7a10,11
> anacron                                               install
> apmd                                          install
10d13
< apt-listchanges                                       install
17d19
< at                                            install
20a23
> avahi-autoipd                                 install
22,24d24
< avidemux                                      install
< avidemux-common                                       install
< avidemux-plugins                              install
28d27
< bash-completion                                       install
33c32,37
< bsd-mailx                                     install
---
> bluedevil                                     install
> bluetooth                                     install
> bluez                                         install
> bluez-alsa                                    install
> bluez-cups                                    install
> bluez-gstreamer                                       install
54a59
> cpufrequtils                                  install
55a61
> cryptsetup                                    install
63d68
< dc                                            install
68d72
< debian-faq                                    install
77,78d80
< discover                                      install
< discover-data                                 install
82,84d83
< dnsutils                                      install
< doc-debian                                    install
< doc-linux-text                                        install
90,91d88
< dvdauthor                                     install
< dvgrab                                                install
97,100d93
< exim4                                         install
< exim4-base                                    install
< exim4-config                                  install
< exim4-daemon-light                            install
108c101
< firmware-ralink                                       install
---
> firmware-iwlwifi                              install
120,121d112
< frei0r-plugins                                        install
< ftp                                           install
171d161
< host                                          install
174,177d163
< hplip                                         install
< hplip-cups                                    install
< hplip-data                                    install
< hplip-gui                                     install
182,186d167
< ia32-libs-libcurl3                            install
< ia32-libs-libidn11                            install
< ia32-libs-libnspr4                            install
< ia32-libs-libnss3                             install
< ia32-libs-libssh2                             install
187a169
> idle-python3.1                                        install
207a190
> k3b-extrathemes                                       install
233,234d215
< kdenlive                                      install
< kdenlive-data                                 install
244d224
< kid3                                          install
283a264
> libapm1                                               install
285d265
< libart-2.0-2                                  install
314a295
> libbfb0                                               install
318a300
> libbluedevil1                                 install
336a319
> libcap-ng0                                    install
354a338
> libcpufreq0                                   install
355a340
> libcrypt-passwdmd5-perl                               install
366,367d350
< libcv2.1                                      install
< libcvaux2.1                                   install
373,374d355
< libdb4.5                                      install
< libdb4.6                                      install
389d369
< libdiscover2                                  install
414d393
< libevent-1.4-2                                        install
423d401
< libfile-copy-recursive-perl                   install
437,438d414
< libgavl1                                      install
< libgc1c2                                      install
481,482d456
< libgphoto2-2                                  install
< libgphoto2-port0                              install
493,494d466
< libgssglue1                                   install
< libgssrpc4                                    install
509d480
< libhighgui2.1                                 install
524d494
< libid3-3.8.3c2a                                       install
529d498
< libieee1284-3                                 install
556,557d524
< libkadm5clnt-mit7                             install
< libkadm5srv-mit7                              install
561d527
< libkdb5-4                                     install
603d568
< libkrossui4                                   install
620d584
< liblockfile1                                  install
641,644d604
< libmjpegtools-1.9                             install
< libmlt++3                                     install
< libmlt-data                                   install
< libmlt2                                               install
656a617
> libmulticobex1                                        install
670d630
< libnfsidmap2                                  install
681c641,643
< libofa0                                               install
---
> libobexftp-perl                                       install
> libobexftp-ruby                                       install
> libobexftp0                                   install
688a651
> libopenobex1                                  install
764d726
< libquicktime1                                 install
773d734
< librpcsecgss3                                 install
779,781d739
< libsane                                               install
< libsane-extras                                        install
< libsane-hpaio                                 install
879d836
< libtokyocabinet8                              install
882d838
< libtunepimp5                                  install
983a940
> linux-headers-2.6-amd64                               install
999d955
< m4                                            install
1008d963
< melt                                          install
1013,1014c968
< mjpegtools                                    install
< mlocate                                               install
---
> miscfiles                                     install
1022d975
< mutt                                          install
1028d980
< ncurses-term                                  install
1033d984
< nfs-common                                    install
1035d985
< nspluginwrapper                                       deinstall
1047a998,1002
> obex-data-server                              install
> obexd-client                                  install
> obexfs                                                install
> obexftp                                               install
> obexpushd                                     install
1051a1007
> openobex-apps                                 install
1070d1025
< openssh-blacklist-extra                               install
1074c1029
< os-prober                                     install
---
> oss-compat                                    install
1081a1037
> pcmciautils                                   install
1108d1063
< portmap                                               install
1110c1065
< procmail                                      install
---
> powertop                                      install
1114,1115d1068
< python-apt                                    install
< python-apt-common                             install
1122d1074
< python-imaging                                        install
1128d1079
< python-pexpect                                        install
1130,1134d1080
< python-qt4-dbus                                       install
< python-renderpm                                       install
< python-reportbug                              install
< python-reportlab                              install
< python-reportlab-accel                                install
1150,1151d1095
< recordmydesktop                                       install
< reportbug                                     install
1156d1099
< sane-utils                                    install
1184c1127,1128
< swh-plugins                                   install
---
> syslinux                                      install
> syslinux-common                                       install
1195,1197d1138
< telnet                                                install
< texinfo                                               install
< time                                          install
1222a1164,1165
> unetbootin                                    install
> unetbootin-translations                               install
1225d1167
< unrar                                         install
1227d1168
< update-inetd                                  install
1245d1185
< w3m                                           install
1247d1186
< wamerican                                     install
1251d1189
< whois                                         install
1267c1205
< xchm                                          install
---
> xbitmaps                                      install
1278a1217
> xli                                           install
1282,1283c1221
< xsane                                         install
< xsane-common                                  install
---
> xscreensaver                                  install
1325a1264