> It's not really an option from the installer, AFAIK.  However, it is still
> possible.  Use a "file" URI in source.list(.d) and mount the NFS before
> preforming apt operations.
>
> From the sources.list(5) manpage:
> URI SPECIFICATION
>       The currently recognized URI types are cdrom, file, http, ftp, copy,
>       ssh, rsh.
>
>       file
>           The file scheme allows an arbitrary directory in the file system
>           be considered an archive. This is useful for NFS mounts and local
>           mirrors or archives.
>
> The debian installer should only run on a single virtual terminal.  The
> should
> be at least one or two "recovery" consoles allocated that will allow you to
> do
> the NFS mount before proceeding further in the installer.  You can switch
> virtual terminals with Ctrl+F{1..6}, unless you are in an X11 session, in
> which case you'll need to use Ctrl+Shift+F{1..8}.
>
> The installer may have an option for specifying a "file" URI, but I don't
> remember.  You can always edit the sources.list(.d) from a recovery console
> as
> well.
> --
> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                   ,= ,-_-. =.
> b...@iguanasuicide.net                   ((_/)o o(\_))
> ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy         `-'(. .)`-'
> http://iguanasuicide.net/                    \_/

Ah, I rember! I used the file feature some times ago to install local .deb
packages with the possibility to automatically resolve package dependencies.
All I need to do was to create a packages.gz file and to add it to the
sources.list.

So you are right, this should work with an mounted nfs. (editing the
sources.list from a recovery console should do the trick if there is no file
URI possible)

Mario

--
http://www.n0r1sk.com