On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:38:28 -0500 (EST), Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> It's what I reported at first: the warning message disappears but the printer
> doesn't work.  With /etc/modprobe.conf, the printer works normally.

So the warning message disappears.  Good.  But what about the virtual console
characters?  Are the characters still smaller than they were before?  What
about the other "strange things"?  Are they still strange?  In other words,
is the failure of the printer to work the only symptom of moving
/etc/modprobe.conf to the /etc/modprobe.d directory and naming it
parport.conf?  Does everything else in your system behave the way it did
before you installed the printer driver?  Or is something else different?

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :