Darac Marjal put forth on 12/22/2010 3:14 PM:
> On 22/12/10 16:47, John Hasler wrote:
>>> Out of curiosity why don't Windows and Mac count?
>>
>> The companies spend billions hammering the code name/number for the next
>> version into everyone's head before releasing it.  Despite never having
>> used Windows even I know that Microsoft's current OS release is Windows
>> 7 and the the previous one was Vista.  I don't know what Apple calls
>> their current version, though.
>
> Apple are still on version 10. They same as it's been for the last 10 years.

Both the Linux kernel and Postfix follow the same trend.  Both have been
on major revision 2 for---ever now.  Considering the way the versioning
is done on both Linux and Postfix, there will never be a 3.x release of
either, as the core architecture will never undergo another major
change.  For either to do so would require a redefinition of "major" change.

--
Stan