On 2010-12-24 10:23:18 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Celejar wrote:
> >Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59...@care2.com> wrote:

> >>h...@debian:/$ apt-cache policy mplayer-nogui
> >>mplayer-nogui:
> >>   Installed: 2:1.0~rc3++svn20100804-0.1
> >>   Candidate: 2:1.0~rc3++svn20100804-0.1
> >>   Version table:
> >>  *** 2:1.0~rc3++svn20100804-0.1 0
> >>         500 http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ sid/main i386 Packages
> >>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> >
> >Okay, I seem to have the same version installed.  I'm pretty much out
> >of idea, except for the one raised by Phil above, about libavformat /
> >libavcodec.  Do you have those packages installed (libavformat52,
> >libavcodec52)?
> >
> h...@debian:/sda7/hda10/Hugo's avi's$ apt-cache policy libavformat52
>
> libavformat52:
>   Installed: 5:0.6.1+svn20101128-0.1
>   Candidate: 5:0.6.1+svn20101128-0.1
>   Version table:
>  *** 5:0.6.1+svn20101128-0.1 0
>         500 http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ sid/main i386 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      4:0.5.2-6 0
>         500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ unstable/main i386 Packages
>
> h...@debian:/sda7/hda10/Hugo's avi's$ apt-cache policy libavcodec52
>
> libavcodec52:
>   Installed: 5:0.6.1+svn20101128-0.1
>   Candidate: 5:0.6.1+svn20101128-0.1
>   Version table:
>  *** 5:0.6.1+svn20101128-0.1 0
>         500 http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ sid/main i386 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      4:0.5.2-6 0
>         500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ unstable/main i386 Packages

All of the packages you have look similar (in version numbers)
to the ones I have. Mine came from squeeze, not sid, and I don't
know if that makes a difference.

Try this to see what demuxers are avaialable for your mplayer:

    mplayer -demuxer help

Check the output to see if "lavf" or "lavfpref" is available.

Using the -demuxer option, you can force a certain demuxer to be used.
Try one of these:

    mplayer -demuxer +lavfpref youtube_9sJUDx7iEJw.flv
    mplayer -demuxer +lavf youtube_9sJUDx7iEJw.flv