Hi,

I am running lenny, kernel 2.6.26-2, on a desktop.  Yesterday I did a update
of new packages and many things do not work afterwards. I started with an
installation of new packages (as I often do with new updates).  As things
were not working well afterwards I run aptitude dist-upgrade.  At the end I
lost the network connection.

Lost internet connection, mounting usb, etc.  The usb has been fixed by
providing the UUID of the device instead of the name but I still can not get
my network connection to work.

My packages are now a mixture of lenny and squeeze.  I was not aware of the
new squeeze release.  I locked at possible solutions to get the networking
running but nothing works, including the different squeeze intructions in
/etc/network/interfaces but to no avail.

Did anyone had a similar problem?  Suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Filipe