After a couple of years of um-ing and ah-ing, my dad's finally got round
to installing broadband.  Specifically, BT broadband (here in the uk).

He's asked me to slip in a 486 class router/firewall inbetween his
Windows machines and the ADSL modem, so I'd much rather go with a modem
that has RJ45 (ethernet) connections over any USB-type port.

I'm sure there are some debian users out there who can help me make this
choice -

Which ADSL modem

o has an ethernet port
o works with BT broadband
o offers most bang per buck

where bang/buck is measured ... however you want.

The baseline is "get connected", but I'd be interested to hear any other
pluses that different models provide.

So - any thoughts?

Cheers!
jc