Stephen Powell a écrit :

>> Set BOOTLOGD_ENABLE=YES and examine /var/log/boot or dmesg after
>> rebooting.
>
> Hmm.  Well, that helps.  dmesg still does not contain the message from
> console-setup

Of course not. dmesg displays only kernel messages. This is completely
different from messages displayed on the console by any process. You
could even set /proc/sys/kernel/printk to not display kernel messages on
the console.

> Still, I was hoping for all boot messages in a single file somewhere.
> /var/log/boot starts with
>
>    Setting parameters of disc: (none).
>
> This is about three lines prior to
>
>    Checking root file system...fsck from util-linux-ng 2.17.2
>
> All boot messages prior to this point are not included in /var/log/boot.

Obviously bootlogd can record only messages which are displayed while it
is running. See /etc/rcS.d/ for the initscripts order. Specifically, it
won't record messages displayed in the initramfs, before initscripts are
started.