Sorry, wrong send...

2011/2/5 Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <h...@debian.org>

> On Sat, 05 Feb 2011, Camaleón wrote:
> > On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 02:30:10 +0100, Pier Paolo wrote:
> > > Fresh installation of squeeze here, machine AMD Athlon II x2, board
> Asus
> > > M4A78LT-M LE with integrated Radeon 3000.
>
> I sure hope the discrete Radeon 3000 is supported by KMS (should be, it is
> supposed to be a r600).
>
> It is not a discrete radeon, her's the lspci:
$ lspci | grep -i vga
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 760G [Radeon 3000]

> > Does disabling KMS make any effect?
>
> Actually, I'd try to make sure KMS is enabled, instead :)
>
> KMS is reported to be not supported from drm:
 $ cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep KMS
(II) [KMS] drm report modesetting isn't supported

and:
$ cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep '(EE)'
(EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIGetVersion failed to open the DRM
(EE) RADEON(0): Acceleration initialization failed
(EE) GLX error: Can not get required symbols.

I attach my Xorg.log: it seems 3d not working (glxgears/info crash per
segmentation fault)

Note: you need either the Debian or Ubuntu patched kernels, or you need the
> latest longterm 2.6.35 patch level, or the latest stable patchlevel for
> 2.6.36.  Anything else is likely to simply not work (e.g. latest longterm
> 2.6.32 doesn't work).
>
>  $ uname -srm
Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 x86_64

Yea! Squeeze is stuck with 2.6.32..."patched" sup., as per standard
distribution's kernel?

$ lsmod | grep radeon
radeon                573996  0
ttm                    39986  1 radeon
drm_kms_helper         20065  1 radeon
drm                   142359  3 radeon,ttm,drm_kms_helper
i2c_algo_bit            4225  1 radeon
i2c_core               15712  14
radeon,drm_kms_helper,drm,i2c_algo_bit,tda1004x,saa7134_dvb,tda827x,tda8290,tuner,saa7134,i2c_piix4,v4l2_common,videodev,tveeprom

Some problems in my configuration? No xorg.conf neither xorg.conf.d
(Version: 1:7.5+8)

Any hints? thanks