On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 12:47:31PM +0100, Peter Beck wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 12:50 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > I would go for a ThinkPad. They might be a bit more expensive, but in
> > my experience it's worth it.
>
> absolutely. I was (and still am) using a T42p and now I have a X301
> which is just great.

I'm happy with my i5 ThinkPad T410 with Intel HD Graphics.

I have problems with the Realtek 8191SE wireless network
device. The Realtek driver built but didn't appear to
support scanning for wireless networks.
(I didn't manage to get ndiswrapper working.)

To get better video performance, I ended up compiling
Intel's Xorg video driver (xf86-video-intel).

Shrinking the Windows 7 partition was awkward, although
it looks like Partition Wizard (based on Linux =) will handle
this task easily.

Cheers,

--
Joel Roth