On 12 February 2011 21:10, Andrei Popescu <andreimpope...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sb, 12 feb 11, 05:54:55, Tom H wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 5:29 AM, Andrei Popescu
> > <andreimpope...@gmail.com> wrote:

> when
> unstable
> needs
> in
> be
> > >
> > > As far as I understand sid/unstable users should always have testing in
> > > their sources.lists, since the Release Managers sometimes remove
> > > packages from unstable to help testing migration. I can search for the
> > > exact reference in case someone is interested.
> >
> > Yes, please.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2009/03/msg00582.html
>
> Regards,
> Andrei
> --
> Offtopic discussions among Debian users and developers:

<snip>

O.K., so now, what I have as a result of 'aptitude update' is this:

Bandit:/home/weaver# aptitude update
Get:1 http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au unstable Release.gpg [835 B]
Ign http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian/ unstable/contrib Translation-en
Ign http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian/ unstable/contrib Translation-en_AU
Ign http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian/ unstable/main Translation-en
Ign http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian/ unstable/main Translation-en_AU
Ign http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian/ unstable/non-free Translation-en
Ign http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian/ unstable/non-free Translation-en_AU
Hit http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au unstable Release
E: Release file expired, ignoring
http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian/dists/unstable/Release (invalid since 9h
53min 14s)

This is after reducing my /etc/apt/sources.list down to just the one line
for 'unstable'.
Should I re-enter the 'testing' security line back in?
The standard 'testing' line also?
When I run aptitude at the ncurses interface, there's almost nothing in it.

Thanks for any time and trouble.
Regards,

Weaver.

by the wise as false,