Hi,

"Lets assume you want to install iceweasel version whatever from
experimental or backports"

apt-cache policy iceweasel

If we wanted to install a testing version of a program (for example), we
would have to override the choices we make when we use apt-get, e.g.   apt-get
install [packagename]/testing,   or if necessary   apt-get -t testing
install [packagename].   Note that another option would be to momentarily
make testing the highest priority in /etc/apt/preferences, then override
what will be installed, e.g.   apt-get install [packagename]/testing. Read
this. <http://jaqque.sbih.org/kplug/apt-pinning.html> At this time however,
we are not using apt pinning.

Remember that it's a good idea to simulate an installation first (using the
-s switch).

kn