On 2011-02-19 21:32 +0100, Ron Johnson wrote:

> The FX5200 is 8 years old, and even then was labeled "Entry Level".
>
> I seriously doubt that nouveau will ever support it.

Uhm, nouveau has been supporting this card for years, the fact that it
does not work well for Rob notwithstanding.

> Also, I recommend filing a bug against xserver-xorg-video-nv (CCing
> d-devel) telling them why they should *not* remove it.

Too late, the nv driver is already gone.  Anyone who wants to revive it
may have to fix bug #383465¹ to get it past the FTP masters.

Sven

¹ http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=383465