I notice that when I am logged into my desktop remotely via SSH that I
get frequent pauses sometimes lasting for up to a half a minute or so.
Generally it's not too problematic although it is annoying when typing
an email (I log into my home box to read and send mail so it's all in
one place).

Is there some way to monitor the connection so that I can see what the
issue might be?  It almost seems as though the connection loses sync in
some way.  While the pauses occur other network functions from the
laptop seem to work fine.  BTW, this seems to occur most frequently over
Wifi even on my home LAN where a solid signal is available and no other
machines are sharing the wireless.

- Nate >>