on Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 02:35:02AM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

Please set your mailer/editor linewrap to 68-75 characters.  I strongly
recommend 72 as a good default.

Thank you.

> The return path is the actual email address of the infected
> victim/sucker.

What evidence do you have that this is the case?

Header analysis indicates that the domain is accurate, and a response to
postmaster@ and abuse@ domain may be appropriate.  My experience is that
the response addresses typically:

  1. Don't exist.
  2. Are over quota.

> Ehem! I write them an email telling them that they need to update and
> run their antivirus software and where to get the swen removal tool if
> they don't have antivirus software. I also tell them where to get real
> MS updates. This happened so often to day I started saving it in a
> text file to save time. This virus is really taking advantage of the
> net naifs. Alot of the responces read like little children. I use
> webmail accounts for my email lists so spam assasin won't work. My
> account has gone over quota twice today, but it is now slowing down.

I've considered a scripted (manually triggered, not fully automated)
response but suspect that it's not advisible until I've got a better
idea of the accuracy of headers in the received mail.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        http://kmself.home.netcom.com/