On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Mark <mamar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Realizing this is dependent on computer specs, just curious what some of
> the people on this list have experienced for how much time it took to do the
> Lenny to Squeeze upgrade, (assuming a fully up-to-date Lenny system).

I downloaded the first DVD of Squeeze and set the deb-cdrom as the only
entry in source.list to prevent the installation downloading package from
network.  Then I upgraded my system according to chapter4 of the release
notes.  It took about 3-4 hours to upgrade my system(include
download/installing Nvidia video driver) . After the basic system was
installed, I added other entries (security, multimedia, etc) in source.list
and did a dist-upgrade again.  The whole process was quite smooth and I'm
satisfied.

Best regards,
Yuwen