On Thursday 10 of March 2011 11:35:14 George wrote:
> I had the same problem, but on a non-Debian system. On my system the
> problem was caused by using the SSE3 atlas libraries and was fixed by
> installing with SSE2 libraries.

Thank you for your help.

I try to search atlas with sse, because my computer is old
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 1660.266
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow up
bogomips        : 3320.53
clflush size    : 32
cache_alignment : 32
power management: ts

and haven't sse2 or sse3. I do

$ dpkg -l *atlas*
||/ Name                              Version
Description
+++-==================-=============-
======================================
un  atlas-doc               <none>   (no description available)
un  atlas2                  <none>   (no description available)
un  atlas2-dev              <none>   (no description available)
un  atlas2-headers          <none>   (no description available)
un  atlas3-base             <none>   (no description available)
un  atlas3-doc              <none>   (no description available)
un  libatlas-base-dev       <none>   (no description available)
ii  libatlas-doc            3.8.3-27 Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra
Software, documentation
un  libatlas.so.3gf         <none>   (no description available)
un  libatlas3gf-2.0         <none>   (no description available)
un  libatlas3gf-altivec     <none>   (no description available)
un  libatlas3gf-amd64sse3   <none>   (no description available)
ii  libatlas3gf-base        3.8.3-27 Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra
Software, generic shared
un  libatlas3gf-core2sse3   <none>   (no description available)
un  libatlas3gf-corei7sse3  <none>   (no description available)
un  libatlas3gf-ev6         <none>   (no description available)
un  libatlas3gf-sse         <none>   (no description available)
un  libatlas3gf-sse2        <none>   (no description available)
un  libatlas3gf-sse3        <none>   (no description available)
un  libatlas3gf-v9          <none>   (no description available)

I found this
un  libatlas3gf-sse   <none>   (no description available)

but after:
# aptitude install libatlas3gf-sse
No candidate version found for libatlas3gf-sse
No candidate version found for libatlas3gf-sse
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

This package is unavailable so what to do to solve this problem ?
Any help will be very appreciated.

Zbigniew