On Apr 11, 2011 4:44 AM, "John A. Sullivan III" <
jsulli...@opensourcedevel.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 17:33 -0400, Tom H wrote:
> <snip>
> > You're welcome. I should perhaps add that there's probably a
> > possibility of Debian moving to systemd rather than upstart and
> > therefore adopting (and possibly adapting) Red Hat's service and
> > chkconfig.

I never considered chkconfig a very good way of moving forward. The system
doesn't mean the same thing to different people - I think sun or IBM uses a
compiled version, Novell has (had?) a totally different script, and redhat
seems to like doing their own thing.

I'll admit that chkconfig is way better than update-rc.d (easier to type
too) but I wouldn't like moving to another system that no one seems to agree
on either. Fwiw