On 04/12/11 09:15, Patrick Bartek wrote:
--- On Tue, 4/12/11, rishabh animesh<rishabh.anim...@gmail.com>  wrote:

I am new to Linux and Debian. Whats the best way to start on things?
Currently I'm a Computer Science student and have experience only with
algorithms! Comfortable with C/C++ but willing to learn more to help me
get started with the OS mentioned above!

The best way?  Buy a non-distro specific text on Linux, first, to
> establish a good foundation for additional learning.  Don't waste your
> time searching the web for information. There is a lot of stuff out there,
> and it will just overwhelm and confuse you.  I suggest RUNNING LINUX
> (O'Reilly, pub.).  I think the most current is the 5th edition, which
> although is 5 years old is still a good place to start.  I have the 3rd
> Edition which is 12 years old and I still use it as a reference.  It was
> the first Linux book I purchased.

That was my first Linux book, as well. But mine is the 2nd Edition, copyright 1996.

Marc