On 20 April 2011 07:33, Dean Allen Provins, P. Geoph. <
provi...@telusplanet.net> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I'm trying to use the Writer program to put a web page together.
>
> I want to include some images, and I'd like to cut back on the
> document length.
>
> I tried placing the PNG images side by side (I used the LEFT alignment
> and RIGHT alignment controls on the menu bar), and they looked just fine
> in the Writer document.
>
> Sending them out to HTML (via export) and displaying them with "iceweasel"
> (and I also tried the most recent Firefox, and the installed Epiphany
> Web Browser) wasn't very satisfactory.  They overlaid each other!
>
> Any ideas on how to correct this?

In the repositories, in any distribution from Squeeze onward and even
available in Lenny through backports:

*http://tinyurl.com/3o9acyn
*
Writer is essentially an html capable word processor but is far from a
mature web authoring app.
Regards,

Weaver.

by the wise as false,