On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 21:20:46 +0200, Wolfgang Karall wrote:

> after upgrading ... I lost my F19/F20 mapping done via xmodmap

About a week ago my ~/.Xmodmap, which turns off Caps Lock, started being
ignored.  It is not even accessed (as judged by ls -lu) when I start X.

According to the report for bug 622185, this happened when xkb-data was
upgraded from 1.8-2 to 2.1-2.  Since you don't list xkb-data among your
upgraded packages, maybe this is irrelevant to your problem.

For my problem, the workaround was to add this to ~/.xinitrc:

  setxkbmap -option ctrl:nocaps

There may be a similar workaround for your situation.