> Knoppix can be installed to a hard drive, but that is not recommended,
> and I can confirm it is unmaintainable. You throw it away and install
> the next version. Some people claim this is also necessary with Ubuntu.

I started with Knoppix, liked it, did the HD install. Was just fine.

Until I "discovered" upgrading and apt. While I still have a few Knopper-isms
around, I can say I am running Sid. I would get rid of those few as they are
no longer needed or functioning if I new how (dependency problems with Sid
packages!).