On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 8:10 PM, Perry Thompson <ryperven...@yahoo.fr>wrote:

> In my struggle to make Nvidia work with a new kernel, I deleted
> /usr/src/linux. Is this bad? I had never used /usr/src in Ubuntu before,
> but I am seeing that it has more of a use in Debian.
>
> If I was not meant to delete it, is there a way to get it back?

No, you were not meant to delete that, and it's not the end of the system.
It's not like of my High School buddies doing "deltree /y C:\"... did you
delete /usr/src or just clobber everthing in /usr/src? Just fetch a new
vanilla (stock) kernel from kernel.org or apt-get/aptitude install the most
current one (be sure to check that it's the srcs and not a prebilt binary
kernel)