On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Camaleón <noela...@gmail.com> wrote:

115200 is a bit high speed rate, for testing I would lower that value and
> once it works, you can play with this.

Yeah, it is high, that was just my last change, I started at the typical
9600, went to 19200, 38400 and then 115200. All produces the same black
window from putty.

> I suppose you already rebooted the computer you wanted to connect to,
> right?

Many times ...

> OTOH, /etc/inittab can be restarted/reloaded by issuing "telinit q", or
> at least that was what I used on another distributions, in Debian I'm not
> sure if remains the same (reviewing the manual...) hum, yep, it's the
> same :-)

This saves me from having to repeatedly reboot the box .... thanks :D

For shiggles, I changed 115200 back to 9600 and used telinit q :D, same
thing, black screen, no login prompt