Hi,

Ron:
> So it's md that can't find them?
Yes, md cannot find them, but I think that's because Debian doesn't detect
them in the first place.

Martin:
> What's in /proc/partitions?
>
> What happens if you list the DEVICES specifically in mdadm.conf
(and rebuild the initramfs)?
I don't have access to the file server at this moment, but
/etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf defines just the array (via UUID). I was under the
impression that md would automatically assemble the array based on the
information in the superblocks.