On 14/06/11 01:02, Wolodja Wentland wrote:
On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 19:34 +0100, AG wrote:
My keyboard works fine at the GRUB screen, enabling me to select the
kernel to boot.  However, at gdm3 (and kdm as well now as the
default), neither mouse nor keyboard works.

Hi Wolodja

Quite likely due to the /run + udev + initscripts transition that is still
ongoing in wheezy (\o/ Md)

For now do either:

     1. "rm -rf /run" + reboot

I came across this suggestion after researching this issue, but this didn't work for me. Apparently, others had mixed success with this too from what I read.

     2. Upgrade udev, base-files and all binary packages built from the
        initscripts source package to the versions in sid. Probably the easiest
        way is to set the default release to "wheezy" and "aptitude -t sid"
        them.

Actually, I tried doing this from experimental and from sid. The udev was 170-1 and this was reported by apt as being the latest version.

What did work for me was downgrading udev and udev-utils to the previous version and rebooting, so I don't know if version 170-1 is just toast or whether the maintainer will work on this to sort out the bug(s), but for now I am leaving that version well alone.

FWIW - I recommend the first approach. If you have further question either
come back here, or join #debian-next on irc.oftc.net.

Thanks for following up on this.
Good luck

Cheers

AG