Hello,

I have been trying to boot the PGI-woody installation cd, but I get the error:

Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 01:00

I have also tried booting the same machine with Knoppix 3.2 and 3.3, but then
I get an error:

initrd extends beyond end of memory (0x1bff7ad0 > 0x1bff0000)
Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 01:00

Is there something wrong with the CD's I have cut. I have tried them both a
few times, so what I mean is do I need to do something special when cutting
these disks?

They do work on other machines, so I guess there may be something I need to
change when booting these disk?

Thanks
Neil