On 07/11/11 at 03:20pm, Chris Brennan wrote:
> On 7/11/2011 2:55 PM, William Hopkins wrote:
> > On 07/10/11 at 03:09pm, mark wrote:
> > I think the last time I was annoyed about such a change was when
> > you couldn't get floppy drives anymore..
> >

> Wait! So you can't get floppy drives anymore!?! :P

PCs don't come with them, that I've seen. Lots of motherboards without the
connectors, too. It's a shame, CDs are so overkill for PXE boot roms, GRUB/LILO
disks, Tom's RTBT, etc...

And there's a gap between machines with floppy support and ones with USB boot
disk support.. but luckily most now support USB so I can use a thumbdrive for
these things.

Don't get me started on not being able to find small HDDs anymore :P

--
Liam