Hi,

After upgrading, installing and removing some packages from Lenny to
Squeeze, I ended up with the following situation:

debian6.0# dpkg --get-selections > packages.txt
debian6.0# cat packages | grep purge
cpp-4.4                                         purge
dmsetup                                         purge
gcc-4.4-base                                    purge
insserv                                         purge
libbsd0                                         purge
libc-bin                                        purge
libcap2                                         purge
libdb4.8                                        purge
libgssapi-krb5-2                                purge
libiw30                                         purge
libk5crypto3                                    purge
libkrb5support0                                 purge
liblzma2                                        purge
libmpfr4                                        purge
libopts25                                       purge
libreadline6                                    purge
libudev0                                        purge
sensible-utils                                  purge
xz-utils                                        purge

My question is very simple: How can I set the status of the above
packages from "purge" to "install" since I know these packages are
installed on my system and I do intend to keep them installed.