On 20 July 2011 07:12, Frank McCormick <debianl...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> Spent  a few hours watching online video tonight (the Discovery website)
> and discovered afterwards that I had lost about 7 GIGS of diskspace!!
> I assume it was because of all that video watching (in Google-Chrome) but
> now I can't find out where it's gone ?

You could try something like

du -h | grep -E "^.{1,5}G"

from e.g., your home directory. This will report disk usage of each
FILE, recursively for directories (-h for human-readable sizes) and
pick only those lines that are reported using the Gigabyte unit.
Somewhere in the output of this command, you might find your problem.

Hope that helps,
Martin