@Hugo: It might be related to your /etc/hosts.allow /etc/hosts.deny
configuration.

With DHCP your internal subnet should not change. You can use this to set up an access rule for sshd - please refer to the debian administrators guide [1] on securing ssh access for the details. I'll only give the most likely setup for your laptop:

In /etc/hosts.allow you set up an access allow rule for your local subnet (192.168.1.xxx) - please not this rule will only affect the ssh daemon:

# /etc/hosts.allow
sshd: 192.168.1.0/24
sshd: localhost

In /etc/hosts.deny I recommend you deny any other sshd access for maximum security:

# /etc/hosts.deny
sshd: ALL

That should be it - now it shouldn't matter anymore what ip address you dhcp server has offered you, as long as it puts you into the same subnet.

[1] http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/87