On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 15:23:51 +1000, Andrew McGlashan wrote:

> lee wrote:
>> what's there in Debian to mail files in parts with each part limited to
>> a given maximum size?  I need a commandline tool to do this ---
>> metamail doesn't seem to exist anymore.
>
> This problem _should_ _not_ exist.

Maybe not in your _ideal world_ but beyond that it does exist.

> How horrible to need to piece together parts again later.  Think again,
> find a better solution.

Sometimes there is no better solution. Sometimes there is no other
solution.

That's the only way I can send files (programs, manuals, FAQs...) to a
chap that lives in Cuba and has only access to his e-mail account. No
Internet for browsing, no Internet for downloading big files from a
provided link. No FTP service for upload or download nothing. They're
behind a big proxy and have only access to a very limited Intranet.

That's the real world and we have to cope with that :-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón