 > (I actually have loads of these in my config file for all different
 > combinations of username and host - I also tend to make different key
 > pairs for each host which is why I am specifying an IdentityFile in
 > each.)

        Why?  The asymmetric cryptography employed by SSH is there
        precisely to /not/ have multiple “secrets” on the side of the
        party being authenticated.

        The authentication systems based on symmetric cryptography (say,
        Kerberos), indeed, require the authenticated party to have a
        distinct shared secret for each of the “authentication realms”
        (say, Kerberos realms) it belongs to

--
FSF associate member #7257