I installed Debian on a laptop and did not install the non-free firmware
while installing Debian as I did not have the firmware files. During initial
install, the installer detected the wireless card and prompted me to make
the firmware available.

I need to install* Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG/BG Network Connection
driver for Linux <http://wiki.debian.org/iwlwifi>*

I downloaded the non-free firmware files and was looking for good
documentation on how to install non-free firmware. So far  I did not come
across one on Debian site.

I set up Debian with LVM on top of LUKS.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

--
Kind regards,
Yudi