OS: antiX Linux M11 (based on MEPIS)
File managers: Thunar and ROX-Filer
Window manager: IceWM

I know that the file associations in the Rox-Filer file manager are in the
~/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-types directory.  These scripts control what
application opens up when I click on a file in the Rox-Filer file manager.

Where are the file associations in the Thunar file manager, and how do I change
them?  When I click on a file in the Thunar window manager, I still get AbiWord
for *.doc and *.odt files and Gnumeric for *.xls files.

Please note that I'm aware of right-click -> Open with Another Application.
I'm looking for the solution that involves command line or directly editing
files, as I need to automate the procedure on behalf of Swift Linux users.

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802...@jasonhsu.com>
Founder and lead developer of Swift Linux (http://www.swiftlinux.org)