On 03-09-26 21:00 -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> I'm also thinking of getting a TV tuner card for same, for the CardBus slot.
> This would be able to receive broadcast TV, accept NTSC and S-Video inputs,
> and in an ideal world also receive FM.

Hi Carl,

Not exactly a recommendation, but to help you figure out your options:

I have a Hauppauge model 621 WinTV-USB-FM card which has all of those
features; you'd have to get a CardBus-USB adaptor, I guess.

Linux drivers are from usbvision.sourceforge.net; I'm not sure if it's
the support for my device in particular, or the state of the driver in
general, or just my inability to configure the thing correctly, but the
picture looks pretty crappy. I have screenshots of xawtv using the
0.3.3-test3 version of usbvision at http://www.ylayali.net/usbvision. A
couple of months back, I upgraded to CVS (I see they're @ test5 now),
but noticed no difference

I never tried the FM support

> Oh, and it should be cheap.  In this ideal world.

It was about $80 from microwarehouse or tigerdirect.. one of those
places

> Anyone have experience using such a card on a laptop running Debian?

I'm using mine on a Vaio

Kenneth