On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 01:04:21PM +0200, Ralf Jung wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> can't anybody help? I'd really like to report this as bug against upower or
> KDE, but in the end I got no clue how I can verify where the problem is
> caused.

One thing you could do is to run acpi -b when the weird occurrences
happen, and see if that is in tune with what the battery monitor
shows. When on ac, acpi -b should return blank, but when on battery,
it should display some information on the battery life remaining
etc. This way, you can tell if the problem is in the KDE applet or in
ACPI.

Thanks.

Kumar
--
The first is to ensure your partner understands that nature has root
privileges - nature doesn't have to make sense.