abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> but it fails to  reboot from the second disk alone.
> although  i installed  grub in both disks

Are you very certain that you installed grub on both disks?  Because
failure to do this is a very common reason that systems won't boot
from the second disk.  Previous versions of Debian such as Lenny did
not automatically install onto both disks.  I believe that is now
improved on Squeeze and later and grub is automatically installed on
both disks IIRC.

For the previous grub these instructions will install it on the second
disk.  Assuming /dev/sdb is your second disk, adjust if needed.

  # grub
  grub> device (hd0) /dev/sdb
  grub> root (hd0,0)
  grub> setup (hd0)
  grub> quit

For the new Grub2, I don't know.  I haven't been able to learn it yet.
Perhaps someone else will be kind enough to step up and say what needs
to be done to install grub2 on a second disk.  Probably just:

  grub-install /dev/sdb

Bob