Hi All,

I am trying to get Bluetooth profiles A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP working with
ALSA.
Not much documentation available for ALSA, there are few for Pulseaudio. If
there is no possibility of these Bluetooth profiles working with ALSA,
probably will go with Pulse.

I came across some discussion but was not conclusive.

Then this one lists how to use it with Pulse
http://www.funzt.info/?p=783

I had Blutooth profiles working under Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with Pulse.

All I had to do was make some changes to /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf

I just un-commented the following lines to get A2DP working.

# Just an example of potential config options for the other interfaces
[A2DP]
SBCSources=1
MPEG12Sources=0

This way I could manually switch to either HFP or A2DP - Couldn't figure out
how to make both work at the same time.

Under Windows, all the profiles work without much fuss and also switch
dynamically between A2DP and HFP when I receive a VOIP call if I am
listening to music. Just like when using a mobile phone. This is such a cool
feature, I wish to get this working under Linux.

I would like to know if anyone has got this setup working.

--
Kind regards,
Yudi